BMW i8 Specs
The BMW i8 is an impressive hybrid sports car that can go from 0-60 in just 4.2 seconds, as evidenced by the i8 coupe. The Roadster also has an impressive estimated 0-60 run of just 4.4 seconds. Let the experts at Pacific BMW take you through all the class-leading specs of the i8 now!
Performance Specifications of the BMW i8
The BMW i8 is a pioneering sports car that incorporates hybrid technology into its overall powertrain. Let’s take a look at some of the specs:
- Powertrain: 1.5L BMW TwinPower Turbo 3-cylinder engine + eDrive Electric Motor
- Engine Output: 228 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque
- eDrive Output: 141 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque
- Total Power Output: 369 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque
Now that you know where all the power comes from, let’s go over some of the impressive 0-60 times:
Acceleration of the BMW i8
- BMW i8 Roadster: 0 to 60 in 4.4 seconds
- BMW i8 Coupe: 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds
Top Speed of the BMW i8
- Both the BMW i8 Roadster and Coupe are electronically limited to 155 mph.
Other Things to Know About the BMW i8
Although these 0-60 times are impressive on the BMW i8, there are many other reasons Hollywood drivers should consider the i8, including excellent fuel economy and safety features. In addition, it also includes unique exterior colors (one of our favorites is the red BMW i8, but there are plenty to choose from). On that note, let’s take a look at some of the other special features included:
- The intuitive eDrive motor is powered by an 11.6 kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack that can be fully charged in just 3.1 hours.
- The impressive EPA-estimated fuel economy is the same for both BMW i8 Roadster and Couple versions. On the highway, you can expect to achieve 69 MPGe when driving between Burbank and Los Angeles.
- Both the i8 Coupe and Roadster include Driving Dynamics Control with eDRIVE, ECO PRO, COMFORT, and SPORT driving modes.
The Future of the BMW i8
Although the BMW i8 has ended production for the 2020 model year, it has left a lasting legacy on the current exotic EV market, and paved the way for what other manufacturers (and BMW) may want to emulate in the future. BMW is certainly a pioneer with the i8, as it represents a near-ideal union of power and cutting-edge innovation that could really help you stand out on Hollywood roads. We look forward to what the next generation of BMW i8 will look like in 2024 when production is scheduled to resume.
Stop By Pacific BMW to See the New BMW i8
Now that you know more about the BMW i8 specs, you can come visit us at Pacific BMW in Glendale to learn more about the i8. If you are interested in purchasing, you can meet with our finance department to get the buying process started. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
More from Pacific BMW
The electric revolution is here, and suddenly, you’ve got a lot of choices to pick from. There are choices from every country when it comes to electric vehicles, but everyone in Los Angeles who knows knows: when you want performance in a new car, consider German luxury, specifically the BMW i Series. The 2022 BMW i4…
Drivers around the Los Angeles area know that when it comes to performance, they’d be hard-pressed to find a better option than a new BMW. One such model is the BMW i4, which is a four-door all-electric coupe. This model takes everything you thought you knew about luxury progressive driving and turns it upside down. So,…
The 2022 BMW iX Sports Activity Vehicle® is arriving soon to Los Angeles roads. Currently, you can pre-order the 2022 BMW iX before its release date in the spring of 2022. You’ll get to enjoy the incredible performance and luxury of the BMW iX as soon as it arrives. With distinctive style and all-electric performance, the…